Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The Nutcracker

Girls night at "The Nutcracker"! I have wanted to take the girls to see this Christmas performance for years, but I had to exercise patience until they got old enough where they could sit still through it. And finally the day came! Mom wanted to come down to take us all to see it, so Alli, Mom, Collins, Addie and I donned our Christmas dresses and headed downtown for the ballet. 



I have to say the show was magical. I have seen it so many times, but watching it for the first time with my girls and hearing that gorgeous music and seeing their tiny faces get excited almost made me cry. It was one of those special Christmas moments that I'll probably always remember. Of course, Addie was not so moved and instead had many questions about the Mouse King's death, the Arabian ballerina's midriff showing, and pretty much anything random that popped in her head. She was cracking us up so I couldn't get too sentimental on the whole thing. :)

 
 The girls loved it! I think it was the perfect year to bring them- not sure if they could have appreciated it before now. We all left the theatre excitedly talking about the show and on a Christmas high when Brian called...Luke was throwing up everywhere. Including all over the burgers he was about to grill for the girls' dinner. 😳 We hurried into the car only to realize the back tire was almost completely flat. There was no way we could make it all the way home on it. So we stopped and Mom and I had to figure out a way to pump up the tire in our dress clothes. Once, we got home, it was evident that Luke was very sick and our fun dinner that Brian had cooked was not going to happen.

We were officially back to reality after our Nutcracker fantasy! Oh well, it was really nice while it lasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment