Sunday, March 10, 2019

A Do-Over

When I suggested going to the annual Capitol Tree lighting, I thought it would be a neat chance for us to catch Brian after work, let the kids see the Capitol all decorated, and maybe show them Dad's new office. 

But when it came time to go, I didn't want to go. It had been a really busy week, and it was cold outside. I was ready to can the whole thing, but the girls insisted on going. So we bundled everyone up and headed downtown where we saw the pretty tree lighting.

 

The whole evening must have been meant-to-be because I forgot that Mr. and Mrs. Claus came to the festivities! It turned out to be the perfect do-over for our Santa disaster a few days prior. The kids were excited to see these two sneak into the Capitol building which put them first in line! They got to speak to Santa and were very impressed that Mrs. Claus came, too. Whew! It all worked out.

 Then we walked over to Dad's new building which turns out has a very neat view of downtown.
Glad the girls talked me into going. We had a fun night and a great do-over! 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment