Friday, March 29, 2019

Kindergarten Orientation

I took Addie to kindergarten orientation in January excited to give her the formal tour of Lacy (even though she already knows the school so well). We went early and had lunch with Collins- because if you want the real tour of an elementary school you go visit the cafeteria at lunch in all of its chaos! 😳


Thankfully, Addie was not too traumatized because Collins and her friends included her in their crazy conversations and I let her have a Gatorade. :)

 


Once we were taking the tour I realized that there were very few kids there. It was promoted as being for "families" so I thought Addie should go. But as the questions dragged on, it became clear that it was a parent orientation session. However, my child stood patiently by my side for an hour and a half quietly listening to the teachers/parents speak. That in itself proved to me that she is ready for kindergarten! Plus, she got to see an actual kindergarten classroom, along with the art and music rooms, and the library and gym. I am sad to think about Addie going to kindergarten, but I happy to realize that she can now handle it! Just hope I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment