Sunday, March 31, 2019

Brian Turns 40

So believe it or not, not everyone is into birthdays. My husband is one of these people. He doesn't understand why people make such a fuss over their birthdays. And turns out that even when he is having a big milestone birthday like 40- it is no big deal. So try as I might, I could not get him to tell me how he wanted to celebrate because he honestly DID NOT CARE!

So we decided to celebrate in the simplest of ways...first with a birthday breakfast complete with a meat cake.

 
I made monkey bread (one of my favorites from childhood) because the girls had never had it before. Collins was taking it to the table, and it slipped right off the platter and onto the floor. Funny moment- just had to take a picture.


So Brian blew out some candles, and we had a tasty breakfast...no big deal!
 

While Brian was at work, we decorated and made a birthday cake...


My cute assistant...Addie wanted to make her Dad a Wolfpack cake so red velvet it was!

 40 candles!!!!


  Brian decided he wanted go to Amedeo's for pizza which made for a fun dinner...


Then back home for cake and presents and Howling Cow ice cream (did you know they sold it in grocery stores now?!?)...Collins wanted to help me light the candles until she saw how much fire that created and then she backed off quick!

 The birthday boy blew them out so fast I didn't even get a picture of the giant fire!

 


We gave him a list of "40 Reasons We Love Daddy" that we all compiled together. It was not an elaborate or fancy 40th birthday celebration, but hopefully it was one that showed him how very loved he is.





No comments:

Post a Comment