Thursday, May 7, 2020

Sawyer is Born!

Sawyer Allen Jones was born on Tuesday, September 17th, and we all were immediately flooded with love for this precious boy. It's amazing how that happens. He was finally here!

It all started with a wake-up phone call from Mom. It was 7:15 a.m., and we had overslept because someone hadn't slept well the night before. She was calling to ask if I had seen her text in the middle of the night?? No, I had not! Alli's water had broken, and she had gone to the hospital. Sawyer was going to be born that day!!!

I immediately started flipping out running around the upstairs waking everybody up with the exciting news. I called Al, and she was doing good but had not made much progress since getting to the hospital around 3 a.m. She said it would be awhile before he came so to take my time.

I quickly changed around my Tuesday plans and was all set to head to Durham when I got stopped in my tracks. You see Brian had been battling pneumonia for weeks now, and turns out Alli's nurse didn't think I should near the baby in case I was contagious. I was crushed. But in the end, we decided it was safe for me to come sit in the waiting room with my family and be near her when he finally arrived.

We waited for hours and finally around 4 p.m., our sweet boy was born. Here is his first picture...

And here he is after he was washed and swaddled, all perfect and sucking on his finger. Alli was okay, but after hours of pushing, she ended up having to have a C-section. Things were just not progressing fast enough and the baby's blood pressure was rising. It was not an easy path for her, but it resulted in this beautiful boy. She was exhausted, but thrilled. And I got to come peek at him (with a mask on)!





Wow, Al is a Mom. And I am officially an Aunt. I can't wait to watch this little boy grow up. Welcome to the world, Sawyer Jones! We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment