Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Addie's First Field Trip

When Addie's first kindergarten field trip turned out to be to a pumpkin patch, I was thrilled. Because what could be cuter than that? And yes, I would like to be a chaperone, thank you very much!

Turns out the farm (and I use that term loosely- it seemed pretty commercial to me) was a pretty far bus ride away (which of course thrilled the kids but I didn't love her being on a bus that long). The parents met them there, and that turned out to be a lot of parents because the whole kindergarten class went (and that is 8 classes!). 


My group was Addie, Zara, and Gloria. Turns out chaperoning Zara was not the easiest of jobs. But I chased them all over that pumpkin patch, and they had a great time doing the bounce pillow, hayride, duck race, big slide, and all the other things.








Thank goodness for a gorgeous Fall day, and for letting me keep up with all three kids. Cute class picture at the end.


Loved spending time with my kindergartner, and it was a little hard watching her board that bus to head back to school. I wanted to whisk her home with me. But turns out there was drama on the bus ride home because Zara's pumpkin fell and rolled the whole length of the bus and she had a big meltdown. So glad Addie didn't miss the chance to recount that story in great detail. :) 

First field trip in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment