Saturday, May 2, 2020

Addie's Delayed Start to Kindergarten

When Addie got sick the day we got back from Bald Head, my first thought was "Will she be able to do her first day of kindergarten on Monday?!?!?" They split the kindergarteners into smaller groups the first week and do testing with them to help them determine classes. Addie's staggered entry day was Monday (based on her last name). I was excited to take them both for the first time on the same day. I thought that would be special for them.

But unfortunatley that did not happen. Addie wasn't able to kick her virus in time which made for lots of tears from her and lots of worry from me. Would this negatively affect her start to kindergarten? Luckily, a sweet kindergarten teacher (Ms. Sadin) talked to me on the phone and assured me Addie could come any other day that week and it wouldn't change things one bit.

Addie did not feel better until the end of that week so she did not get to have her first day at Lacy until Thursday. But thankfully, she did great!

Here they are going in that first day...not too many nerves for our girl. I dropped her off nervously and prayed for the best. I was worried that she was still not 100% from being sick and that would get upset that day (they were there from 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.). So I waited for a phone call from a teacher, but never got one.



I took Luke to the park to try to get my mind off Addie and to do something fun with him...



 
He had a great time but was excited to go back and get sister (and so was I!). Turns out she did GREAT. Ms. Sadin said she had no issues whatsoever. What a relief. Now for the next step...Meet the Teacher tomorrow! With this first day behind us, we couldn't wait to find out who Addie would have as her first teacher at Lacy Elementary.



No comments:

Post a Comment