Tuesday, May 5, 2020

My New Mud Closet

Nothing brings me greater satisfaction than making our home more functional and organized. 

Once school started, I realized that the backpacks and lunchboxes were coming home and getting thrown on the counter cluttering up the kitchen. It was not working for me. I realized we needed some sort of drop zone for school bags, and the coat rack we were using did not work because it was near the back door and not big enough. I started thinking about buying a piece of furniture that could act as a mud closet of sorts near my desk. Then I realized- HELLO!!! We already had a weird small closet that I didn't really know what to do with in the kitchen. Could that space work as a mud closet of sorts? 

YES, IT COULD! It was holding a bunch of random items that were not needed so I quickly started clearing it out and cleaning it up. Then I had too much fun re-filling it with every mud closet essential- backpacks, lunch boxes, bike helmets, skates, umbrellas, and tote bags. It turned out to be exactly what we needed, and we had the perfect space for it all along. 

And best of all, we can change it's contents to match the seasons and our needs. It's right in the middle of our downstairs and handy to all doors, and the kids now know to keep "Mommy's mud closet" very neat and tidy. It's not the fancy mudrooms you see on Pinterest, but it's super functional for our family and now our problem is solved!


No comments:

Post a Comment