Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Magic at Rudolph

It sounds strange to say, but my favorite moment of the Christmas season came when we took Collins to see "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" this year. It so many ways it was magical for us. Let me explain.

Last year we saw "Frosty" in the same theater downtown, so she knew what to expect and was really excited to go see another show. She got all dressed up, and we took her downtown to Bad Daddy's for dinner (another reason for her to get excited).


On the drive to the theater, she marveled at all the buildings lit up downtown. "How do they get the lights all the way UP THERE?!?" she wondered. 


Meymandi Hall is beautiful, and there were several other shows happening in their various theaters (The Nutcracker for one) so that made it fun too.


She sat on my lap the whole time so we got to really experience the show together (plus I got snuggles). "Rudolph" was so well done! The play mimics the old movie exactly, and the actors did a wonderful job. The costumes and staging were really creative, and the music was super fun. The audience really got into it with clapping and singing. I'm pretty sure Collins and I smiled the whole time (I'm pretty sure Brian took a nap). I loved watching her face light up so much that it got me a little teary-eyed. It was just the type of show that puts you into the Christmas spirit! 




Leaving the theater, Collins saw the city lights from a neat perspective. She was in awe. At this point, I was too. What a festive night it was for us!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment