Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A New Year Cleanse

As soon as the holidays were over, the real work began...de-Christmas-ing, decluttering, and decorating.... :)

I have become obsessed with organizing everything in our home. No closet is safe around me, items have been mercilessly trashed, and I have been day-dreaming about paint colors. It has been a cleanse of sorts for me- a feeling that is totally addictive!

The redecorating started in the kitchen- a room I have wanted to paint since day one. I am not a green person (especially a dated green). Finally, a free weekend became available, and I got to work. I always underestimate how long/how much effort it will take to paint a room, but who cares? It makes a huge difference and is totally worth the work. The kitchen and hallway became "Revere Pewter" (same color as our master bedroom), and I love it! (and don't tell Brian but it makes me want to paint the playroom, the bathrooms, etc., etc.)

The "before"...

My cute little helper...(she lost interest really fast)


The "after" is more warm and clean, and I love the pop of yellow.



Dad and Heather got us a FABULOUS lighting fixture for Christmas which meant I finally got to get rid of this dated brass number...


Perfect, right? I also recovered the chair cushions (thanks to some help from Donna) which were in desperate need of a peppier fabric...and purchased these great yellow curtains that make me really happy. 


Finally, a couple of new prints to liven up the playroom....



My decorating changes aren't major, but they all make me smile (which is good because I spend a lot of time in this house!). I love the challenge of trying to slowly make this house my own!


No comments:

Post a Comment