Monday, February 23, 2015

A Final Christmas Celebration

Christmas fell on a Thursday this year. We celebrated from Monday to Saturday! Our final Christmas gathering came with Dad, Heather and Alli at the end of a super fun visit with them.

We loved getting out and exploring with Dad and Heather. First, we headed to Durham to visit the Duke Gardens, the Chapel, and the Nasher. I loved showing them my old stomping grounds!





The Chapel was stunning decorated for Christmas. Collins was amazed at its size (she saw it and exclaimed, "Elsa's ice palace!"). :)





On Saturday morning, we headed over to Raleigh's Mordecai House. I got some jokes for taking them to this historic property (boring!), but we all thought it was actually pretty cool once we started exploring. 




Collins was ready for the next part of the day- presents! There was a huge box with her name on it, and she was thrilled to find a dollhouse inside. Addie got a walking toy and a cute little house that makes sounds. And I got a fabulous chandelier for the dining room! I adore the home decorating items I get from Dad and Heather!










For our Christmas dinner, we had a cheese plate appetizer, Brian made cioppino for the main course (upon request), and we had Dad's delicious salted caramel cheesecake for dessert. Fabulous meal. It was a great way to end the holiday- spending time and having fun with the people you love. 



1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoyed reading the recap of our 2016 Christmas celebration. My sister did a FABULOUS job hosting and ensuring that everyone stayed entertained. what do I want for Christmas

    ReplyDelete