Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Collins Turns Four

I was really sentimental about Collins's last days as a three year old. In the past, I have honestly been really excited about her turning a year older, but this year was different. It made me sad that she was turning four because all of a sudden she feels so grown up to me. The realization of how quickly her childhood is flying by makes me emotional, and I'm lucky to say I haven't missed one fabulous moment of it. Still yet, it was hard to not be happy about four because she was so happy to turn four.

Her birthday was on a Friday this year, and we surprised her with a gigantic Elsa balloon and cinnamon roll in bed. And of course, she wanted to open her presents immediately.


Addie (a Tar Heel) gave her a Wolf Pack purse!


And we gave her a Frozen tent and a book...


She has been waiting a long time to take her official "4" measurement...



Next came her school Valentines party. She was quite impressed by how many Valentines she received....



We picked her up at school and headed to Bojangles for some "Bo Time". We always hear the commercials and it makes us want some, so why not on her birthday?

Next on the agenda- watching "Frozen" with Aunt Alli (FYIAunt Alli likes this movie almost as much as her niece). This gave me some time to crank out some birthday cake baking.

Then Poppy and Nana showed up! It was wonderful that they could make it to town in time for the birthday dinner at Bad Daddy's. Alli and Donna and Marty also joined us, and we had a great time at dinner. We surprised C with a "4" sparkler in her milkshake. She thought the thing was on fire!









I had to share a little bit more of my milkshake with these two than I wanted to...



 After we got home, we did presents and she was thrilled to receive large Elsa and toddler Elsa and Anna. We all got a good laugh out of the life-size Elsa... :)





Everyone got hugs from Elsa...



And this doesn't look creepy at all... :)



After all the festivities, Collins got into bed very late....only to wake up screaming with an ear ache. Ugh...it was a long night of crying and very little sleep. I assumed she had an ear infection, but couldn't be sure because she's only had one before. And the night before her birthday party of all times? After sleeping on me downstairs on the couch, I finally took her to her bed around 2 a.m. She slept through the rest of the night, but I had no idea what to expect the next morning. Would there be a birthday party?? I sure hoped so because a lot of work went into that party, but I went to bed happy knowing her actual birthday had been fabulous! Just like her...we love you so much C! Happy fourth birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment