Sunday, July 7, 2019

Luke's Last Day of School

Yes, it was a rocky start to school life for our little boy this year. It took a solid semester for him to like going to preschool, but eventually he did! He would talk about his friends in his class- Jack, Presley, Sofia, Bowman, Collins- and by the end of school was actually playing with them. He came a long way in his first year thanks to his very sweet and patient teachers Betsy and Susan. Susan is actually a neighbor of ours so it was helpful to drive by her house frequently and yell, "Hello, Susan!". :)

Here Luke is on his last day of MMO's...

He was excited to take his teachers a plant to say "thank you"...
 
And here he is on his first day of MMO's....precious thing.


My favorite part about Luke going to school (besides the obvious of him learning independence from me and socializing) was the moment when I came to pick him up each Tuesday. I'd spy on him from the classroom door and see him happily playing at the train table or reading a book. Then I'd walk in and he'd spot me, and his little face would break out into the biggest smile and he would run into my arms. Oh, I loved those reunion hugs! It would only take 2 1/2 hours of us being apart to make us so happy to be together again. :) 

 
 
I'm proud of my little boy and what he accomplished his first year of preschool. It can't be easy going to school as a 1 1/2 year old, but he did it and now will be ready for two days next year. But for now...happy summer, Luke!


No comments:

Post a Comment