Saturday, April 13, 2019

Always a Struggle

Riddle me this..what do all these pictures have in common??
 


 
 

If you guessed Luke's "oof pack" outfit, you would be right! My adorable boy insists on wearing his red suit EVERY DAY and does not understand why I protest. Lately, getting him dressed is like wrestling a wild alligator and involves major negotiating. Hence why you see it in many different instances...often times I lose the battle.

And I used to be so think how wonderfully easy it was to get a boy dressed- just slap on a shirt and some shorts and be done with it. Not anymore...


Addie used to be the challenging one with clothes. She would have to wear the exact same type of outfit every day...leggings and a comfy long dress. Hair always would have to be in a tight high ponytail. Yes, this was a cute look, but I hated seeing her stress about what she would wear each day. 

Finally recently, she has been letting go of all these wardrobe rules. Things she often considered "too fancy" are now options when getting dressed. And that ponytail is now evolving into a low or side ponytail and even sometimes a braid! 

So I traded one dressing struggle for another...but as long as I don't have to battle with more than one at a time- I guess I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment