Friday, February 3, 2017

Surviving Christmas Break

Once the craziness of Christmas was over, I realized for the first time that we still had several days left on Winter Break. Which meant that I would be alone with all three kids for 12 hours a day for five whole days...aaagh!!! A friend had told me it would be nice to not have to get up and be anywhere with them and she was right, but it also meant that we were all together for long stretches of time with no real plans. Scary! So we went into survival mode...and basically spent our week doing three things:

1) Going to the doctor...first Addie was sick, then Collins, then check-ups for Luke and me. The only time we left the house that week was to see a doctor. Fun!  



2) Breastfeeding...one of my children took this lovely picture of me feeding Luke. It has been quite an adjustment exclusively breastfeeding this time around. It takes up a LOT of time as Collins and Addie I'm sure could tell you! And of course, they have had lots of questions. :)


3) Dressing up...basically dressing up as Elsa/Anna, then walking around the house arguing about who is the queen, and then deciding they really want to be a butterfly cowboy cheerleader. They loved it, but I was in dress up Hell as you can see below!


 

 I guess we did manage to do a few other things that week...like play with our new toys...



and new little brother! So that was a positive use of our time.

  
All I can say about Christmas break is that we survived! It was not easy and there were tears from everyone at some point, but Brian reminded me I was doing a great job with "You kept everyone alive!". Whew...yes I did. Now, please can we get back to a normal schedule?





No comments:

Post a Comment