Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Tweetsie Love

We have started what I hope will become a summer tradition: a visit to Tweetsie! Last year, we took the girls for the first time and when Mom suggested going again this summer when Alli and I planned a visit to Hickory- we were all over that idea! I'm pretty sure Al was just as excited about it as Collins was. :)

This trip was extra fun because it was all girls and we pretty much had the park to ourselves. As we were driving up the mountain, it was drizzling and dreary which had us worried. But once we got there, the rain stopped and we soon realized that a cloudy Tuesday at Tweetise meant the place was empty! We could not believe it...we went up to each ride and were the only ones on the ride! How fun is that? We went all over that park and waited in line ONCE. It was awesome. We rode most rides twice. I will take cloudy weather for no lines any day!

Collins let us in on a little secret: last year, she really wanted this rhinestone cowgirl hat but never asked for it. She asked for it this year, and I could not say no. How cute does she look in it?


Both girls were like, "what is jail"?


Scary...Addie's first time behind the wheel!



Collins's favorite ride was the Tilt-a-Whirl, and I could see why. They all screamed themselves silly; unfortunately my pregnant self was not allowed to be whirled! (Later on, when I asked a ride operator if I could ride what I thought was a tame ride he told me my ride options as a pregnant person were the merry-go-round or a bench!). 


There is a reason Addie looks uncomfortable in this picture- it's because she was terrified! I was like, "oh let's go on the easy going ferris wheel". Well, it got started and kept getting faster and faster. It was a little shocking and your stomach would jump every time that wheel spun around. Addie had a death grip on me the entire time, and I was trying really hard to ignore the nasea creeping up on me. We got off and I asked the ride operator if it was supposed to be like that, and told me proudly it was the "fastest ferris wheel on the East Coast"! No joke...


Also found out the chair lift is from the 70's which made us slightly nervous...


The mouse train with the tacky neon cave light show was a crowd favorite...


Think these girls took on the scrambler three times they loved it so much...


It's such a cute park nestled within the NC mountains...


Alli and Nat were quite brave to try this one...they probably never will again!



We saved the big train ride for last...



Once again, had the train car to ourselves and consequently, cowboy Rusty to ourselves. Collins and Addie were not big fans...



But Rusty put on quite the show, and we had fun with him... 
 

By the end of our visit, we decided that Addie needed her own pink cowboy hat too. It was only right. 



We had a fabulous trip to the Wild, Wild West and will go ahead and plan to see the Tilt-a-Whirl, the crazy mouse train, and cowboy Rusty next summer. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment