Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hickory Time

Loved getting to spend a few days in Hickory over summer break, especially since Al and I worked it out to go at the same time. I love any minute the girls get to spend with their grandparents in my hometown. It is always special to me. 

Dad is a big YMCA guy now working out almost daily and wanted to take us to their pool. The girls were quite impressed!



One rainy afternoon, Al had the idea to go to the pottery store uptown and paint something unique. The girls all got into this idea (sorry Dad) and were feeling pretty creative. Addie picked out a ballet slipper to paint (that has now turned into a chapstick holder) and Collins painted a pretty butterfly (that is now her "candy dish"). Al made a really pretty ombre coffee mug for Mom, and I painted a small vase for flowers in the kitchen. Nana was the supervisor on all projects. :)


We have been hearing all good kinds of things about Baba and Mom's garden so we were eager to check it out. But first, the girls needed to play with Charlie. They are fascinated by this cat.


I was blown away by their garden. Because our garden is only 6' x 8', it's hard for me to wrap my brain around theirs being 20' x 40'. It is a lot of work! But you should see their yield...





They literally sent us home with a trash bag full of veggies. Crazy!


As always, loved our time in Hickory!


No comments:

Post a Comment