Sunday, July 24, 2016

Crafting at VBS

Is it unfair to label crafts at VBS as grueling? When you are one of the ones heading it, I don't think so! Luckily, I was part of great team of girls in charge of crafting this year. When Kiki and Kim agreed to the post and then asked me to join in, I couldn't say no. I just like those girls too much. My inclination to work with them was right on because we worked well together and had a lot of fun planning/complaining/laughing along the way. But the craft center is no joke! It's a lot of work ahead of Bible School and it is non-stop chaos once the week begins. I was so glad I got to help and teach this year, but I was also really glad when it was over.

Here is our little Beetle (this year's theme was Cave Quest) showing off her first day's craft- a cave lantern. Collins had a great class this year, and she had fun. But we still had some of the anxiety issues we had last year this year which I was hoping would not be the case. I think it was hard for her to have me there, but not be with her throughout the day. She did have a lot of fun before and after Bible School drawing pictures in the craft room and running the halls with the other "craft kids" and Reeves (who we brought along with us every day). 


These bat ears were a cute last-minute add-on when we figured out our craft would not take long enough, but Collins said she didn't really care for them b/c they weren't "fancy enough". 


Three cute girls making cave slime. I'll try to forget how that experiment almost blew up in our faces!


Mimi came to town to help watch Addie while Collins and I went to Bible School every day. Addie very much enjoyed "Camp Mimi" where she had plenty of chances to do the "Hokey Pokey". Donna was also a huge help that week with "Camp Gigi'. :)




We planned some fun afternoon activities including Ridge Road pool...





And going to see "Finding Dory"...



 It was Addie's first real movie (besides an IMAX documentary), and she was A LOT wiggly but managed to make it through the whole thing. It was an adorable movie, and she was a big fan of Dory. 


Our big finale to the day was taking Mimi to Amedeo's for the first time...Addie put on quite a show!


Come Friday afternoon, we were all exhausted but happy with how the week turned out. But please, no more crafting for awhile! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment