Monday, August 24, 2020

A Comical Birthday

I always treat myself on my birthday. I think up a fun itinerary for the day and then commit to doing as little work as possible. On my 41st birthday, I had it all planned out. I would drop Luke at school and have three hours to spend any way I liked. First, I would get a massage, then I would treat myself to a fun peppermint mocha, and then go shopping and buy myself something pretty. After all I had some gift certificates that I needed to burn! Then later that night, Brian and I would have a date night at my favorite restaurant (Hayes Barton Cafe). Pretty easy to make all this happen, right?

WRONG! I got to my massage and found out that I had booked the massage at the wrong place. Not only could I not get my massage, I had to pay a fine for missing my scheduled appointment. Then I went shopping and could not find one thing I liked so went home with nothing. Then Brian and I went to Hayes Barton for dinner, and it was closed! Everything kept going wrong to the point that is was comical. But it was all good once we sat down at my second choice of restaurant- Trophy Pizza. It was not closed, and we had the tastiest beer and pizza that I had had in a long time. That, my kids being sweet to me, and a great date is about all I need to be happy on my birthday. Maybe next year I'll get that massage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment