Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Hot Air Balloons...Was it Worth the Wait?

For the first time in 25 years, hot air balloons were coming to Raleigh (over Memorial Day weekend) and I felt like we shouldn't miss it. I personally had never seen a hot air balloon in person, and I thought the girls would think it was cool. I convinced Al to come with us telling her it would be a great photo op, but she would have probably opted out had she known what we later found out...that it would be 5 HOURS OF WAITING before we saw a balloon inflate. 

We are talking a lot of time entertaining the girls in the hot sun without a proper snack (I thought we were only going to be there an hour or so). They were restless, we were restless. We would have pulled the plug a lot earlier on this adventure, but we were led to  believe that there would be balloons up in the air at any minute. We hated to leave when we were so close. So we waited and waited and waited...and finally this happened.



The girls were just about to lose it, when the balloons stopped them in their tracks. They were mesmerized! 


It really was very cool watching them inflate really quickly and then go up into the air.


C got to touch one as it was inflating. 





We left shortly after they were up in the air, fed the girls a hot dog and ice cream from Goodberry's in the car on the way home, and put them to bed a good hour late. I was exhausted and mad at myself for putting them through that. Then Brian told me Collins told him "the balloons were awesome!". At that point, I decided it was worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment