Sunday, June 28, 2015

First Dress Rehearsal

Collins didn't know what a dress rehearsal was. When I explained the concept, she got REALLY excited. Dress up in her costume and dance on a big, fancy stage before the big show? Yes please!

Her dance teachers told the class they were NOT allowed to wear their costume in advance of the dress rehearsal. This good little student obliged, but was really ready to put it on when the time came. I admit, I thought the costume was wildly tacky when I first saw it. But once she put it on with her cute little bun, I thought she looked adorable.



The girls were pretty impressed when they saw the theater they would be dancing in...I don't blame them, I was impressed too! Memorial Auditorium's Fletcher Opera Theater is so adorable. 


They were mesmerized watching the group ahead of them...I couldn't tell if they were anxious or impressed with what they saw.  


How cute are these girls parading out on the stage? For some reason, I was nervous for her! That was a pretty big stage and some pretty loud music...


But I shouldn't have been...she went for it! Collins was not nervous at all and brought her best dance moves!


She must have Brian's ability to perform under pressure because she did a really good job. I was so proud of her! I had been skeptical of the whole dance recital (just seemed over the top), but when Collins danced on that stage I understood how special it was for her to get to do that. It was a neat moment for her.


And not only that, she was good! She must have been paying attention in dance class this year.


After they got to run through their number three times, they wanted to stay and watch more.


We finally drug them out of the theater for a photo op...how adorable. 



A successful first dress rehearsal! Now on to the big show...

No comments:

Post a Comment