Friday, June 19, 2020

Cramming It All In

I do a bad job of trying to cram way too much into my day. And then on top of that I never correctly estimate how long it takes me to do anything. Well this gets me into trouble sometimes, and unfortunately that happened on Halloween.

My first duty of the day was coordinating the preschool parade. It wasn't a big deal decorating and being there two different mornings for it, but it bumped into Addie's class party which was a problem. She really wanted me to be there so I was going to try to squeeze both events in. First, set-up with this cute fireman...



The timing and logistics of getting 2, 3, and 4-year-olds to "parade" is not easy, and there were plenty of tears from our tiny people. But honestly, at the end of the day, the parents just want to see their cute kids dressed up so it all turned out fine. Ms. Kelly and Ms. Karen did a great job of wrangling our class and turns out Luke wasn't the only one in red there.






I dashed from Hayes Barton to Lacy where I ran into my problem. Addie's class party had started early, and I had completely missed it. She started crying when she saw me, and I had to calm her down in the hall. Talk about feeling terrible. Her sweet teachers saw the situation unraveling and were so kind to invite me to come in and hang out with Addie as they went on with their day. I got to watch her draw her Halloween costume as an assignment, then they let me call out the Halloween Bingo game and even let me read a Halloween book to the class. How great was that of them?!? They totally saved the day, and Addie was happy again. 




Next on to Ms. Hames' class and Collins's festivities. We have to make these parties "learning experiences", and you can only make learning so fun, but we tried our best for these third graders. I do love anytime I get to spend with C in her classroom. 



It was an exhausting morning, but that's what I get for trying to cram everything in. Lesson learned? Probably not!  

No comments:

Post a Comment