Monday, May 8, 2017

Winding Down

The school year is winding down, and I don't think Collins is a bit sad about it. In fact, when I told her there was only four weeks left, her response was "hooray!!!!". I think we might be dealing with a little burnout here...she has worked hard this year. Here she is reading "Hop on Pop" and being quite proud of herself for it!

She read it to me....


and then to Addie (I am so excited for when she can fully read to her sister- how sweet is that going to be??).


And then last week, these rising 1st graders got to sing to their parents and then to the incoming kindergarten class...there was a lot of pride in getting to do this. They sang "Grand Old Flag" and "Hello Around the World" (there was lots of "Gutentag" being said around our house leading up to this) and an "ABC song".

I was also in the literacy center in her class last week and couldn't believe how tall everyone has grown and how mature they looked. I think it's officially time to wind down this school year and head on to first grade!


No comments:

Post a Comment