Thursday, May 4, 2017

A Sister Thing


The girls have been driving me crazy lately because what I do for one of them (whether it's give them a snack, buy them a new dress, have them sit in my lap), I have to do for the other one. I am scrambling to make things perfectly equal all the time, and it's wearing me out. (And bad news- according to my Mom this never ends.)

But the positive side of this dilemma is how much Addie looks up to Collins. Like many younger sisters, she wants to be just like her big sis. I can appreciate that as a big sis. :) I tell her that she can be her own person and want different things and that's okay, but that advice usually gets ignored (she is only three!).

I love the moment above. Last week, Collins went and got changed for gymnastics. Next thing I know Addie says she needs to get changed too, and I asked why because her outfit was perfectly fine. Then I understood why...she came downstairs looking like a mirror image of her sister (and she did not have gymnastic that day!). So sweet...I hope she always admires her sister (and vice versa) and wants to emulate her energy and intellect and kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment