Sunday, January 22, 2017

Luke Comes Home

This is what we wanted to do when we got home from the hospital...


but there wasn't lots of time for that! Luke slept some as we welcomed home big sister, Collins. Unfortunately, we could not have Addie come home that day because her sickness had gotten worse. She had gotten a fever, and we could not let her be around Luke for fear that he might catch something and get sent back to the hospital.

So the decision was made to keep Addie at Donna and Marty's house for a bit longer. It made me really sad to not have her at home after we all were apart for so many days, but we didn't really have a choice. When I talked to her on the phone and she begged to come back home in her tiny sick voice, it about killed me. When you are sick and feeling badly, you just want you mama. And I could not be there for her this time which really hurt. Luckily, Donna was and she took great care of her while we focused on our tiniest person...

While Brian was over at Donna's house trying to help with a sick Addie and I was at home trying to not move around (b/c of surgery) and taking care of Luke, we got a surprise. Collins was eating an apple and asked me what the pink stuff was on her apple? Turns out she had lost her first tooth! What a crazy day for this milestone to happen!


I was an emotional mess that day and stressed out about breastfeeding, but seeing this sweet present from Will and Nancy really made me smile...


No rest for the weary! After a long first night with Luke, we woke up and got Collins ready for the church Christmas pageant. She was excited to be an angel this year and Addie was pumped to get to be in it for the first time (as a star). Turns out Addie couldn't go because of her fever so Brian took Collins and my Mom came into town a little earlier than planned to help me and watch Addie so Donna and Marty could go to the pageant. I was sad to miss it, but heard all went well...



It was my first taste of life with three...juggling a newborn's needs, worrying about Addie's sickness, and logistically figuring out how to get Collins where she needed to be. Not so easy...good thing reinforcements were arriving! We needed all the help we could get.



No comments:

Post a Comment