Friday, November 18, 2016

Update on Little Brother

Yes, he is still known as "little brother" because we have yet to come up with a name for this child! Ugh, not good. Who knew a boy's name could be so tough? We talk about the baby all the time, but we refer to him as "little brother" so my fear is that is what the girls will always call him. :)

These are the last pictures seen of little brother- taken a long time ago at 18 weeks. I was happy to confirm that he is indeed a boy (no surprises needed!) and looked perfectly healthy.




This is little brother today, quite a bit larger at 36 weeks. Since Addie decided to make her appearance in this world at 36 weeks, we have been preparing in case someone else decides to do a surprise attack. We were a little apprehensive about taking a trip to Wrightsville beach this past weekend so we took his car seat and a hospital bag just to be safe. But no baby so far! :)


This little boy is ACTIVE. I feel his kicks/squirms/wiggles so much more frequently than I did with the girls. I can watch my belly just move at night when I finally get to lay down, and he doesn't just kick. I can feel him dragging body parts every which way in there. It is kind of alien-like to be honest with you. With the girls, I loved feeling every tiny kick. With this little boy, the movement is so constant (throughout the day and night) that I am concerned that he may be a "wild boy". Only time will tell!

We have a C-section scheduled for Wednesday, December 7, at 8 a.m. if little brother decides to wait that long. Mom thinks he's going to follow in his sisters' footsteps and come on a holiday eve (Collins is Valentine's Eve and Addie is Christmas Eve). She is betting on the day before Thanksgiving. I am betting on the day after Thanksgiving because that's the day of the State/Carolina football game and that would just be funny timing. Again...only time will tell!

Regardless of when he comes, we are going to have a baby in less than three weeks and are so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment