Sunday, April 10, 2016

Last Helping Parent Day

Cue the tears. Just had our last helping parent day with Collins in preschool. The thought of it made me really sad, but the actual day made me really happy. We had such a fun morning, and Collins really loves her class and teachers this year. As always, it was neat watching her in action!


The rather intense "chasing" game the whole class plays on the playground...


The helping child writes their name on the chalk board to start circle time...


counts the class to confirm who's there and who's not...


and chooses the songs they'll sing in music.


Then it's time for some artwork. Collins and Neema have become really good friends this year...


Then it was on to the favorite workshop of the morning...the creation station. Here, Collins created a cast with valentine napkins and lots of tape.


Her favorite part of the school day is the swings playground because they get to do things like this...


and this.


Getting to be in your kid's classroom on a regular basis really is a wonderful benefit of being at The Raleigh School. Collins has already asked me if there are helping parents in kindergarten? Gulp...I'm afraid not, but I'm sure I'll be around school as much as they let me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment