Sunday, April 17, 2016

Getting Bunny Ready

Getting ready for Easter means it's time to dye eggs and have Easter egg hunts. And have bunny anxiety?

This year I gave the girls a little freedom to dunk their own eggs. Of course, I regretted that decision as soon as Addie dramatically knocked her red cup of dye all over herself and the kitchen. Did I seriously not see that happening?!?


Donna was sweet to hide eggs for the girls at her house. As Dad commented in this pic posted on Instagram, "Poor Addie never had a chance". So true, Dad. There is no once more focused and competitive than Collins when it comes to a race for candy! 


Although Addie doubled the number of eggs she found from the last hunt. I'm pretty sure she found six this go-round. You are getting the hang of this, Addie!






Later that night on Easter Eve, Collins set out a note for the Easter bunny asking him to please come. She also set out a carrot and slaw snack for him. Then she went to bed. And then woke up crying because she was worried that I didn't unlock the front door so the Easter bunny could get in in the morning. I assured her that he could get in, and she calmed down. Then I had to calm down my other crying child. Addie was upset because she was afraid the Easter bunny was going to come upstairs to her room and that scared her. She confirmed, "Easter bunny stays down stairs???" After repeatedly telling her that he would stay downstairs, she finally calmed down and went to sleep. 

My goodness the Easter bunny anxiety! I think there has been too much bunny build-up, and we need Easter to come already!


No comments:

Post a Comment