Thursday, April 28, 2016

Creation Station

Forget the artwork. Collins has moved on to engineering. She now looks forward to the "creation station" at school every day and will yell at us if we throw away a toilet paper roll, egg carton or anything else she thinks might have "potential". :)

She brings her creations home, takes them straight upstairs, and hides them under her bed. Because you know Addie has been itching to steal her homemade kite! Needless to say it's getting a little cluttered under the bed, but I am so impressed with her imagination and ingenuity that I let it go.

I asked her to take me through some of her latest creations so I could document this new interest for the blog. Everything that she makes is an original idea. They just give the kids a bunch of random supplies (and A LOT of tape) and let them make whatever they want.

Here is a kite...


and her TV...


her witch castle...


and her dinosaur riverboat. :) (Picked up from "Dinosaur Train".)


She also made a mermaid bed...


a scraper for the windows....



and a Mommy jellyfish (the circle at the bottom is her baby). 


I love seeing Collin's brain work in this interesting way! So no chance I'm throwing away that old paper towel holder. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment