Monday, October 12, 2015

Signs of Fall...Finally!

Every year I am ready and waiting for any and every sign of Fall. Because of the warm end to the Summer and the unpleasant rain mentioned before, I feel like Fall has been a bit delayed this year. This caused me some anxiety because I do not like to miss one fun moment of the best season of the year! But no worries, I have proof that Fall is officially here...

Collins walked out the front door, and I heard a shriek. Turns out she had spotted the first red leaf on our tree out front, and she was that excited about it. (I was so proud that she gets into this type of thing as much as I do). She quickly scaled the tree and pick the first sign of Fall in our yard!


They had trick-or-treating pumpkins on sale at Harris Teeter so I let the girls grab two. Why did I not foresee that this would happen? Where better to trick-or-treat than the check-out line? They loaded those pumpkins down fast (and of course I made them put it all back)!


Do you think my pumpkin load from Trader Joes will be sufficient for a week or two?


This recipe was not from one of those boxes and was hands down the best pumpkin bread I have ever had. Collins was so right when she said it was so good because of the cinnamon stripe!



The only good thing about going to the Farmer's Market on a cold rainy day is that you have the place to yourself for lots of pictures with pumpkins. We got a mum for the front porch, and the girls each picked out a little pumpkin for themselves.


Addie's choice was different...



but so was Collins's. She picked a white pumpkin only so she could bring it home and "fancy it up". I love her creative spark!



 Yep! It's finally looking like Fall around here. Thank goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment