Thursday, October 15, 2015

School Updates

We have gone from Addie crying as soon as I drive into the preschool parking lot to her asking to go to school...multiple times a day! I'm really confused by these turn of events. The last two days she has been saying, "Addie...school". I ask her, "Does Addie wants to go to school?" and she says, "uh huh!". I think taking Collins to school every day has made her want to go to school, too. Whatever the reason- I will gladly take a tear-free drop-off!

Here are some "happy" shots her teacher Kellie got of her in class...



Addie is pretty darn proud of herself for creating her first pieces of artwork. She will be busy playing in the playroom and all of a sudden spot her artwork up on the mantel. She'll point and say, "Addie".  I'll play along and say, "Did Addie make those?" and of course she responds, "uh huh". I ask where she made them, and she smiles and says, "school". Very cute. :)


Meanwhile big sister is LOVING school. Like she asks to go on the weekends...no joke! I asked her if she wanted to go to Hickory for the weekend, and she said she'd rather stay and go to school. :)

I was eager to be the helping parent in her classroom last week and understand what makes her like school so much. What I found out is that she has friends she really likes, is really into her artwork, and really likes the swings playground. And I also realized that the three-hour school day goes by really fast. It must leave her wanting more!







No comments:

Post a Comment