Thursday, October 29, 2015

Addie's First Field Trip

Just like Collins, Addie's first-ever field trip was to the pumpkin patch at Highland Methodist Church. It's special any time I get to re-live a memory with Collins by doing the same thing with Addie. The only difference on the field trip this time around was the "sweater incident".

So I wanted Addie to wear this cute, bright striped sweater to the pumpkin patch because I thought it would look good in pictures. Well, Addie had a different thought about the sweater that day. She was not going to wear it, and she let us know it by throwing herself on the foyer floor kicking and screaming while I tried to get her dressed for school. I was determined she was not going to win that battle, so I made her wear the sweater like it or not.

Well don't you know that I showed up at the pumpkin patch to meet her class and that baby was not wearing the sweater! She had gotten her teachers to take it off! I ask you...is this normal in a 22-month-old? Brian confirmed that Collins was not this headstrong about her clothing at this age. Oh Addie... this scares me for the teenage years!

So...despite not wearing the optimal outfit, refusing to pick out a pumpkin, and being a very uncooperative model, I have decided that "having a mind of her own" is part of what makes us love Addie so much. :)



Good thing they are so cute...because the class photo is always a bit of a mess. :)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment