Thursday, September 5, 2019

"When Life is Wild, God is Good!"

After months of planning, meetings, emails, and a million other tiny details- the big event had finally  arrived- Vacation Bible School!

Laura and I had a lot of jitters going in, but felt ready to go. On Monday morning, about 250 kids arrived with about 200 more youth and adult volunteers. It was chaotic and a little overwhelming pointing people in the right direction, answering lots of questions, and making sure everything was running smoothly. There were definitely some glitches on Day #1, but nothing really bad happened. Whew- we survived the first day!

Then Day #2 came, and most of those first-day stresses disappeared and it was just FUN. And then Day #3 came, and we realized that everybody was having a great time and there was just a fun vibe around the whole event. Then Day #4 came, and everybody was into the rhythm of VBS and we kept seeing people smiling and connecting. Then the final day- Day #5- came, and people kept saying they didn't want it to end! 

In short- the week was amazing. It warmed my heart each and every day to see kids laughing and learning, meeting new people, and generally enjoying being there. I met so many new people that week myself and saw people putting their all into making it a special week for the kids. 

I felt nudged by God to be a leader this year, and I'm so glad I answered the call. Yes- planning an event like this took a lot of time- but what it gave back to me is a week that I will always treasure. It gave me a friend for life in Laura Stanziale, it gave me something special to share with Collins and Addie, and it helped the kids of our church become closer to God. And it was honestly just a fun event to be a part of! I will no doubt look back on our summer, and VBS will be one of the biggest highlights. It was that big of a success!

Just see for yourself. :)












 
 





 




 








No comments:

Post a Comment