Saturday, September 8, 2018

VBS Week!

The girls were excited and ready for Bible School week to begin. Because this year, Addie was an official participant! She was a butterfly (and I was her shepard) and Collins was a parrot.


 Being in charge of the four-year-olds was no easy task...
 Cute but WILD (at least the boys were)...

But they could be sweet too...I loved watching their little faces concentrating and enjoying the story time play.
Recreation, music, crafts, and snack were the other rotations, and it was a lot of wrangling. But think the kids had a great time on day one!

Day two started with ninjas, and then we headed back to church...

 The rest of the week went by with a flurry of activities...





 




 
WHEW! Yes, it was fun and yes, the kids got to do some really neat things. And yes, I was thrilled to do Bible School with Addie on her first go-round. And yes, there were several special God moments that I got to witness the kids having. I am so grateful to have seen those moments!

BUT...by day five, I was done. At one point, we lost one of the boys and I had no idea where he was. They started darting off without asking. At one point, a boy peed on one of the youth helpers (I wish I was kidding!). At one point, the boys were pretending to shoot guns at each other during music class. I really just ended the week with a prayer to God asking him to not let Luke turn into one of those wild boys. 

And I also ended the week happy with the knowledge that there was no way I could shepard the four-year-olds next year because I would be co-chairing the whole thing. I honestly think it will be less stressful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment