Sunday, October 23, 2016

Addie is Off to School

After all the anxiety I have experienced with kindergarten, I have to say sending Addie off to school has been a refreshing change of pace. It has been so easy! She has literally not cried once when I have left her which I think is pretty amazing for her age. She has gotten a little clingy to my leg a few times, but for the most part marched herself into that classroom ready for her day.

One morning she told me on the way to school that she was a big girl and could walk herself into school. Because the school does not actually allow this, I walked her in. But on the way to her classroom, she abruptly dropped my hand and confidently strode into her room. It was super cute.

Here she is on her first real day of school. So sweet that she wanted soft baby to come along, too.



Apparently, little miss didn't have trouble opening up on the first day. Ms. Escuti told me upon pick-up that Addie was "hilarious". She was talking about how she didn't like some kid's water bottle, how Mommy wouldn't let her go into the attic because it was "too dangerous" and who knows what else? I'm a little afraid of what she is going to tell her teachers this year. :)

I am excited for Addie's year of preschool and so grateful that I can leave her for three hours and know that she is well taken care-of and happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment