Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A Wildcat Gets Married

We hadn't been to a wedding in a long time, and then we got invited to go to two weddings in August alone. Brian's Davidson friend Graham got married at the end of August in Asheville which was a fun location IF you were not already going to be on the complete other side of the state that day!

His wedding was scheduled for the day we were coming back from Bald Head. I couldn't decide whether I should go because that would be a 6 1/2 hour drive from the beach to the mountains that day. I finally decided it was worth it, and planned to drop the girls off at Donna's after getting back from the beach and then hit the road for the mountains. 

But then Brian (always the voice of reason in our relationship) felt the need to walk me through what my day would look like and asked if it would be too much for my pregnant self. I finally decided it would be easier to leave on a late ferry Friday night and return with the girls a little early so we could sleep at home. Then I could leave early the next day and not have as long of a road trip. 

That plan would have worked great had 1) I confirmed the ferry schedule and left at the correct time 2) the air conditioning in the car worked and we didn't sweat it out the majority of the trip home 3) the speedometer and RPM gauges not malfunctioned and I thought I was driving 95 mph the whole time 4) we not hit a major traffic jam 2 EXITS before Raleigh causing us a 30-minute delay that put us home at Midnight and me and the girls in meltdown mode. In short, the trip was a complete disaster. But we eventually made it home, slept in our own beds, and my 4 hour trip to Asheville the next day seemed like a breeze in comparison!

We got to catch up with a lot of friends we hadn't seen in awhile and had a lot of fun. I was glad I made the effort to go. 

Here are the boys...they are a pretty tight group and were pumped to spend a night together drinking beer and reliving the old football days. 

And here are the wives/girlfriends...who had fun avoiding these football discussions and talking about more interesting girly things. 




A fun Wildcat wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment