Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's Day Prep

So Collins had to make 20 valentines to take to school this year. Her teacher gently suggested that they be homemade, have no goody attached (b/c Valentines Day is about love and not stuff), and be signed by her. I thought this was a little much, but we started cranking them out. I was so impressed by the fact that Collins figured out she could write all of her classmates names, and actually did! That made for a lot of extra work for her, but how neat that she could personalize all her Valentines for the first time?


Addie's Valentine's party was a bit of a bust. She didn't want to participate (except by eating cookies) preferring to park it on my lap. She perked up after I left and came home with some cute Valentines (cuter than the ones we sent in!). 


It makes me laugh how Valentine's Day is such an overlooked holiday in our house. We did our required school Valentines, but that's about it. Brian and I didn't even exchange cards, and I forgot to give the girls the presents I had gotten them. I am probably going to just return them at this point. :)

Does that tell you how much focus goes into the day BEFORE Valentines in our house? On to Collins's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment