Monday, February 15, 2016

Spa Heaven

When I opened up Dad and Heather's birthday present and saw a gift certificate to the Umstead Spa, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. When I actually went a few weekends later, I knew I was in heaven. That place is AMAZING. I told the girls that Mommy would be going away for awhile and went and spent five hours in the most beautiful, tranquil, and luxurious setting in the area.

I curled up on a big sofa by a fireplace and read my novel. Then I took a little snooze. That refreshed me for an awesome 50-minute massage. I lounged around in my robe eating snacks, drinking hot tea, and looking at the beauty of nature outside my cozy lounge seat. I sat in the courtyard reading a magazine and feeling a soft breeze on my face (it was a rare 70 degree January day!). I sat in the outdoor heated pool and relaxed. Honestly? It was spa perfection in every way.

Best birthday gift ever? I think so! Thanks Dad and Heather for sending me to my happy place!


No comments:

Post a Comment