Monday, February 15, 2016

Helping Child for the Day

Collins gets really excited to be the helping child at school, and I was equally as excited to accompany her to school for the day. I was impressed by how much the kids seemed to genuinely like each other. She has a big class and most of them are boys, but they all play really well together and have a lot of fun. Collins warned me that I might see a chase break out, and that she was on the "chasers" team. She forgot to mention that part of the chasing might be done with a plunger in hand. :) Apparently, they have some new toys on the playground.

They had a dance troupe come in and do some movement with the kids. Some really got into it, others not so much. Austin told me, "I don't like to dance." But it's cool that they are exposed to things like that.

The "meatballs" (a.k.a peanut butter balls) were a big hit, and then Collins had a hard time with me doing the dishes again (because that meant I couldn't go with her on the swings playground). We are dealing with some anxiety issues with her, and she anticipates change and gets upset. We still have some work to do. But I realized during my day at school, for the most part she is really happy and thriving there.









No comments:

Post a Comment