Monday, February 15, 2016

Super Bowl

What were the chances that the Panthers would be playing the Broncos in the SUPER BOWL?!? We were so excited about this game despite the awkwardness of pulling for opposite teams. Turns out it didn't end up quite as exciting as I had hoped. To sumarize: the Broncos won. The Panthers lost. I felt confused. Brian was thrilled. We ran out of wings. The girls were on a sugar high. That about wraps up the Super Bowl this year!

As usual, I was pulling for the Panthers alone. We got home from church, and Brian immediately changed the girls into their Broncos gear. Before I knew it, they were making up cheers in the hallway!


The sky was beautiful that Sunday night, and Brian swore it was Bronco blue and orange...


Apparently our children like wings more than we thought they did. They ate four each, and Brian and I went without!


Collins concocted her own dessert for the Super Bowl, and she made it with chocolate chips for me (b/c I like sweet) and pepper for her Dad (because he likes spicy). And the funny thing was that Addie liked it more than she liked my smores skillet! :)




The girls got to stay up late because neither one of us wanted to miss the game to put them to bed.... :)


So I should not have been surprised to find out that while we were more focused on the football game than our children, they were sneaking chocolate chips from the kitchen and hiding under the dining room table. Needless to say, it took them a long time to fall asleep that night. 


I was very disappointed with how the Panther's lost, but I was happy for Brian and Peyton Manning!

No comments:

Post a Comment