Sunday, January 3, 2016

Fitting it All in Before Christmas

Once an event planner...always an event planner? If you'd look at the activities I get my family into you would think this statement is definitely true. Can't help it- I don't want to miss out on any fun- especially around the holidays. That's why we were trying to fit in every festive activity I could think of in the month of December!

Went to the Mordecai Holiday open house...Brian rolled his eyes at this one, but it was actually pretty cool. They had each room in the house decorated for Christmas in a different time period with these smart little kids giving out interesting facts. Collins would tell you the peppermint cookies they gave us at the end of the tour was her favorite part, but I guarantee you she had never heard of a chamber pot before that day!


Collins actually really wanted to do this next activity...just didn't know what she was getting herself into. She had asked repeatedly to go ice skating this winter so I put it in the Advent calendar knowing she might not be able to do it. But she was so excited when she opened the calendar that day. She said, 'this must be my lucky day!". She didn't feel so lucky when she was slipping all over that ice on the one unseasonably cold winter day we've had so far. Her comment when it was over? "Maybe I'll try that again when I"m five." :)


We always have to decorate a gingerbread house, but I took the easy way out this year- we got a kit! And it was so cute and easy! Think my days of trying to make one myself are officially over...


Thought it would be fun to try to make garland for the girls' trees in their rooms. Of course the concept changed once Collins got her hands on the craft. It became a whimsical head wrap. :)


Oh and one more different activity this year- Donna and I went to go see a Triangle Brass Band concert at our church one Saturday night. Not exactly sexy Saturday night plans, but I have an appreciation for sacred music and have always loved hearing brass at Christmas (I am definitely my Father's daughter!). 

Now that Christmas is over- I can say that I have no regrets with all the neat ways we celebrated the season. We went hard the whole month of December, and it was tiring but worth all the memories!





No comments:

Post a Comment