Wednesday, January 27, 2016

First Cooking Class

Missy had the fabulous idea to take a cooking class together to celebrate my birthday. How sweet of her and what a fun idea! I had never taken a cooking class before and quickly picked out, "Four Desserts Every Cook Should Know" as the one for us. Since Missy and I share a love of baking, it was the perfect choice!

A pastry chef taught the class, and she had three assistants who prepped our ingredients, cleaned up our messes, and offered us snacks. I could get used to cooking that way! We made four recipes which was challenging for the two-hour time period we had. We made chocolate mousse, creme brulee, a Grand Marnier souffle, and a lemon tart. I don't know that I would have been brave enough to try these recipes on my own so I am so thankful I had the chance to make them with a professional and ask lots of questions along the way. We learned a lot and got to taste test our creations. It was AWESOME. Plus, it was fun to hang out with Missy and work in the kitchen together. Such a neat way to spend an afternoon...no doubt I'll be signing up for another class soon. Thanks so much, Missy!









No comments:

Post a Comment