Sunday, December 13, 2015

Rivalry Game

Normally the Carolina/State football doesn't matter because by the time we get to the end of the season (when they play), they are both really bad. This year...a whole different story! I am beyond excited that BOTH of my football teams (the Tar Heels and the Panthers) are having one of their best seasons ever. This might be the best season I ever see in football so I am enjoying every minute. Winning is so much fun...who knew?

I asked Brian to get me a ticket to the game because I wanted to watch them play in person (and I wanted to watch them beat State in person). All the State fans were giving us no credit whatsoever; they said our easy schedule was the only reason we had one loss. Well, turns out they were wrong. We were up 35-7 in the first quarter and didn't look back from there! It was a great Tar Heel win! Not so easy when your hubby and half of your tailgate party is beyond mad, but I guess that's all part of the rivalry...

Before the game, we had a lot of fun tailgating with a fun crowd and a tasty pig. Brian worked really hard to give us a good party, and he gave Will a lesson in all things barbecue.

Donna and I made some "desserts divided". and Collins had a tough choice. You won't believe which one she chose...


Addie entertaining us again with "the face"... 


The manly men...


We finally made it in time to experience the whole pep rally before the game...




Collins was thrilled to get a picture with the wolves, and Addie was just plain scared of the wolves. The rest of the tailgate she kept repeating, "wolf", "wolf". 

 






Thank goodness I got to sit with some other Tar Heel fans to experience this big win. ACC Coastal Division champs! 



No comments:

Post a Comment