Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Baking Overload

Is it possible for me to burn out on baking? If it's actually possible, it might have happened in the month of December. I baked A LOT (sometimes multiple times a day) and was a little obsessed with cookies and anything involving both chocolate and peppermint.

I knew things were bad when I made an emergency stop at the grocery store late one Friday night in fancy heels (had just gone to a Christmas party) to buy three pounds of butter. I'm telling you...out of control.

So here is the holiday baking season in pix...it was fun while it lasted! (I told Brian that I thought I needed a break from baking, and he wisely predicted that would last about a day.)

Love this photo because one child is really happy and one child is really not. Of course, Addie's meltdown has to do with the molasses cookies inside the cookie jar. :)


Gingerbread boys (and snowflakes and snowmen and gingerbread girls)....and frosting of course.


My favorite cookie this Christmas...chocolate ganache peppermint cookies.


And lots of sugar cookies...I made a batch for Addie's school Christmas party and was up late trying to make them look pretty (and creating a disaster in the kitchen). Then of course she got sick and couldn't go to school!


I love cranberry orange bread, and it is pretty tasty in muffin form too.
    

And let's not forget peppermint ice cream! It's one of my favorites (and Collins's too), and I ate it many a night while looking at our pretty Christmas tree. Unfortunately for my waist, I usually paired it with a cookie or a big helping of Nutella. Remember that peppermint/chocolate obsession of mine? Oh, and I also made a homemade version of peppermint ice cream for Christmas Eve dinner. It was a fattening December at the Fork house, but I'm pretty sure it was worth it! 








1 comment:

  1. Duke University
    Duke University Duke University is a private research university located in Durham, North Carolina,

    ReplyDelete