Sunday, December 27, 2015

A Visit with Santa

Our tradition is to visit Santa at the Seaboard Ace Hardware. This always makes me laugh because it's not where you would expect to meet the big guy, but it's a low-pressure/low-crowd way to do it! This year, the Moores came along with us which made it fun. Tyler and Reeves were very excited to meet Santa. Collins and Addie were not.

I figured Addie would be scared to sit on his lap (and I was right), but I thought Collins would be eager to talk to him this year. But poor thing got really nervous! She got herself really worked up while we were standing in line to see him. I told her she didn't have to talk to him if she didn't want to, but she urgently said, "No, I HAVE to or he won't know what to bring me for Christmas!". (Girlfriend kept her eye on the prize with the presents!). So I was proud of her when she pushed herself to tell Santa that she wished for "magic fairy wings".

But this picture really says it all...no smiles and lots of hesitation upon meeting Santa this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment