Sunday, December 27, 2015

Here Comes Christmas!

I was ready for Christmas this year. Normally, I start the Christmas festivities no earlier than December 1. Not this year! Back in October, I was already shopping, planning for Christmas cards, thinking about Addie's birthday, and generally getting excited about the holiday season WAY before Thanksgiving hit. I totally was that person I try not to be- the one who overlooks wonderful Thanksgiving for glitzy Christmas. Not sure why I was so overly eager this year, but I was...

So needless to say, I couldn't wait until December hit to get our tree. We had to go the weekend after Thanksgiving. Turns out, it was a pretty lackluster event because it was crowded and hot! We were SWEATING picking out our tree at the farmer's market. So not festive...but we did have a good time decorating the tree and the girls loved their new Christmas pajamas (when Addie finally allowed us to put clothes on her.)

 


Addie's favorite ornament...and the one she takes off the tree daily despite me telling her to "leave the ornaments on the tree!". 


Sweet Collins gets it honest...she is totally smitten with Christmas this year and the way we decorated her room. We decided it might be best for the unity of the family to put her tree up high where Addie could not destroy it. And then I figured out that there was space for the charming little snow village Baba gave Collins last year. We both loved this set up!


When I asked Collins what she was most excited about for the Christmas season, she answered with "the advent calendar." I have to agree with her on that one! It's so fun to get excited each morning about what fun activity we will do that day. (Although it's a decent amount of work for me on the front end planning something fun for every day in December!).

Collins had a moment of disappointment this year when she realized that Addie would be included in the Advent calendar this time around. She said, "but how will you fit two of everything inside those little doors?". Good question, Collins! 





Now that the tree is up and the house is decorated...the Christmas fun can officially begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment