Sunday, August 30, 2015

Time with Baby Hank

Rachel's Mom had to have back surgery in Raleigh a few weeks back so the girls and I got to watch baby Hank for two days while Rach took care of her Mom. Let me tell you that is one sweet little baby boy...


He is really cute, hardly ever cries, sleeps well and plays well with others. Rach might have the perfect baby on her hands! 

My girls were fascinated by our new friend...Collins impressed me by wanting to help take care of him so much. She wasn't like that with Addie when she was a baby, but I guess Collins was a lot younger then too.



Addie kept repeating "Hank", "Hank", "Hank"...she was mainly concerned that he was playing with her toys. But she impressed me too- she kind of went with the flow of having a new baby around and getting a little less attention.


 Here are the girls with their new "brother". :) We actually managed to leave the house with all three kids! (Go Collins for scooting all the way to and from Lacy for the first time! She didn't have a choice b/c she didn't have a seat in the BOB, but I was so proud of her for going that far and not complaining.)


What I learned from watching Hank...

1) Juggling the needs of three kids at three very different ages is not easy.
2) It's amazing how quickly all three of us adapted to having a third baby around.
3) How nice it would be to adopt a 7-month old baby who sleeps through the night and eats people food instead of going through pregnancy and those hard first 6 months again!
4) Boys freak me out a little.

Rachel's Mom had a successful surgery, and Rachel did a great job of taking care of her. We are so glad we got to hang out with Hank while she was doing that!


No comments:

Post a Comment