Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Bathroom Refresh x 2!

I have never liked the looks of our two upstairs bathrooms. Not even a little bit. In six years of living here, I have often stared at the walls and just wished they could be any color than sickly green.

The size of the bathrooms is not terrible, but they both looked dated and were not functioning well for us. The girls and I were sharing the hall bath (my bathroom before the girlies came along), and the master bath wasn't really being used because Brian moved downstairs (for F3 reasons!).

I'm not sure why I haven't done something about these problematic bathrooms before now, but it came to me on the long drive home from Kiawah. It was time! I started brainstorming ideas and got completely inspired to make Collins and Addie a pretty girly bathroom. Making me my own pretty bathroom ended up being a bonus!

We got home, and I moved all my things out of the girls bathroom and into the master bath. I had a fabulous time organizing all my necessities into neatly organized drawers. It was thrilling to get ready in a space that was functional and all mine!

I told Collins that we now had separate bathrooms and that I had moved all of my things out of her and Addie's space. She is taking that very seriously and now won't let me even use the potty in there. :)

So in the span of a week and a half, we refreshed both bathrooms! The girls and I made several painful shopping trips to Target and Marshalls (not easy to control two bored girls while trying to pick out rugs and towels), I painted both bathrooms, and put everything back together again. I am so pleased with how they turned out! While I couldn't change the dated fixtures, lighting, and cabinetry, it amazes me what some fresh paint and accessories can do!

The girls bathroom before...


And after...yes, it's pink! I used the same paint that we used for Collins's bedroom. It's warm, girly, and a nice way to brighten a room. I was planning to buy a console table for the wall, but then had a brainstorm and tried out the aqua storage piece from Collins's bedroom in that space. I love it there! It works much better in the bathroom. That's when I decided the accent colors should be aqua, yellow and bright pink. I'm hoping this will be a bathroom that will grow with them. 


Our featured artist? Collins! She is so excited to have her artwork hung up in her bathroom.


Some cute new accessories for teeth brushing...


New towel hangers with their initials...and new hooded towels to go with them!


She was very happy which made me happy.


And the master bathroom before...


And the almost "after"...warm gray and yellow (which are the colors of the adjoining bedroom), pretty accessories, and new hardware on the way. And some new artwork courtesy of my sister the photographer! I love being in this space now.

 

This bathroom took no time to refresh. I honestly spent more time worrying about how ugly it was over the years than I did in redoing it. Oh well...at least it's finished now.

All in all, not a bad use of a week and a half of summer vacation!





No comments:

Post a Comment