Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Big 4 1/2

Four-year-olds are funny. They make a REALLY big deal out of turning 4 1/2. Collins was counting down the days and kept making comments like:

"Mom- can you believe I can do the monkey bars by myself? I must almost be 4 1/2."

"Mom- I can reach the light switch all by myself. I am almost 4 1/2!"

"Mom- this dress was too big but now it fits perfectly. Does that mean I'm 4 1/2?"

I laugh, but it really is amazing how much she has matured in the last six months. She is a lot taller and stronger...she can make it around the neighborhood on her scooter pretty easily now. She is a lot smarter...her vocabulary amazes me and she can spell her name properly now with all the letters being the same size. She is more creative...she draws pictures of rainbows and hearts and people and can live in an imaginary world for hours on end. She plays independently quite often, makes connections I wouldn't think she could make, and seems so grown up all of a sudden. I am so proud of my little 4 1/2 year old, but just want time to slow down because I am not ready for five yet. Although she will be!

Around here we celebrate half birthdays with:

1) An official growth measurement...


2) And an ice cream cone! Collins chose Baskin Robbins and the brightest ice cream flavor she could find...




Collins told everyone about her half birthday and what came along with it this year...the booster seat that she has been coveting for so long! We decided it was finally time to upgrade her to a bigger seat, and she is thrilled. It was a good half birthday, but she is already talking about the real thing in February. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment