Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Melting My Heart

"I miss you".

Collins told Brian this for the first time a few weeks ago when he got home from work one day. Talk about melting your heart! It was the sweetest thing. Then she started saying "i ruv you" in response to us saying it to her, and it is without a doubt the most precious thing I have ever heard. It thrills me every time she says it.

We are leaving for our ski trip to Park City tomorrow and will be gone for a little over three days. I'm excited about how much fun Collins will have with her grandparents, and I'm excited for us to get away and take a really cool vacation.

But how much did my heart break today when I went in after her nap and she said, "Mama, come back" and I said, "come back from where?" and she said, "ski trip". That one stopped me in my tracks...I had told her a little about our trip because I didn't want her to be confused about where we were. But we hadn't talked about it in awhile and then that randomly comes out? Talk about melting your heart.

All I can say is Collins "we miss you" and "we ruv you", and we'll "be back soon".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment